Absent Voter Ballots:
Absent Voter Ballots are available to all voters who meet one of the following eligibility requirements:
- Voter is 60 years of age or older.
- Voter expects to be absent from the community in which he/she is registered for the entire time the polls are open on Election Day.
- Voter is physically unable to attend the polls without the assistance of another person.
- Voter cannot attend the polls because of the tenets of his/her religion.
- Voter has been appointed an election precinct inspector in a precinct other than the precinct where he/she resides.
- Voter cannot attend the polls because he/she is confined to jail awaiting arraignment or trial.
**Voters who apply IN PERSON for an absent voter ballot are required to provide photo identification or must complete an affidavit.
To obtain an Absent Voter Ballot application form, please call (616) 456-3010
or you may download the application by clicking here
If you are a member of the Uniformed Services or Merchant Marine or a U.S. Citizen residing temporarily or permanently outside the U.S., please complete this form (FPCA-Federal PostCard Application
Picture ID Requirement at the Polls:
Beginning with the November 6, 2007 election, every Michigan voter who offers to vote at the polls must show picture identification or sign an affidavit attesting that he or she does not have picture identification with them before they are issued a ballot.
Voters can satisfy the picture identification requirement by showing:
- Michigan Driver's License
- Michigan personal identification card
Voters who do not possess either of the above may show any of the following forms of picture identification as long as they are current:
- Driver's license or personal identification card issued by another state
- Federal or state government-issued photo identification
- U.S. Passport
- Military identification card with photo
- Student identification card with photo - from a high school or an accredited institution of higher education
If a voter states that he or she does not have picture identification, the voter will be given an affidavit to sign. A ballot cannot be issued to the voter unless the voter displays picture ID or signs the affidavit.
Any questions, please call Darlene O'Neal, City Clerk, at 616-456-3010.