Navigate Up
Sign In


    Our office cannot accept credit or cash payments for the passport fees.  We can accept these forms of payment for the processing and photo fees.  
    Hours, Services, How To Apply and Fees 

     Image Viewer


    Acceptable forms of payment
    All passport fees paid to the "U.S. Department of State" must be in one of the following forms:
    • Checks (personal, certified, cashier's, traveler's)
    • Money Orders (U.S. postal, international, currency exchange)
    • Bank Drafts
    In order to be acceptable, the payment must be:
    • Recently Dated (less than 60 days old, post-dated checks or drafts are not acceptable)
    • Made payable to the "U.S. Department of State"
    • Have a numerical figure and written amount that agree
    • Be drawn and signed in ink
    • Be payable in U.S. currency through a U.S. financial institution
    • Include the account and routing numbers with Magnetic Ink Character Recognition
    The processing and photo fee(s) are payable to the GR City Treasurer and any form of payment (except American Express) is acceptable. 
    NOTE: The passport fees and the processing/photo fees are TWO SEPARATE FEES - they cannot be combined in the same check or money order.​ 
    No appointment necessary - ​8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding Election Days and as otherwise posted. 
    Due to the high number of applicants we are getting on a daily basis, we strongly urge you to have your application(s) completed ahead of time (but not signed) and to bring 2 checks or money orders for the fees to expedite the process. 
    Sample applications:
    To help guide you in completing an application for a minor, click here.
    To help guide you in completing an application for an adult, click here.
    Questions?  616-456-3010
    How to Apply/Requirements (DS-11):
    First-time Applicants-
    All first-time applicants must apply IN PERSON and provide the following when applying:
    • Proof of citizenship (original or certified copy of birth certificate, naturalization papers, etc.)
    • Current photo ID (driver's license, state-issued identification card)
    • Minors - BOTH parents and the child(ren) must be present
    • Passport photo (we have photo services on-site)
    Renew by mail using this form 
     if ALL the following are true in regards to your most recent passport:
    1. It is undamaged and can be submitted with your application;
    2. It was issued when you were age 16 or older;
    3. It was issued within the last 15 years; and
    4. It was issued in your current name or you can legally document your name change with an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate or the government-issued document evidencing your legal name change.
    **If any of the above statements do not apply to you, you must apply in person using form DS-11.
    Our office does NOT process renewal applications.
    Passport applications for minors under age 16, who have or have not had a passport in the past, must be submitted in person at a passport agency or authorized passport application acceptance facility. The minor must be present. Both parents or guardians should appear with the minor. If both parents/guardians cannot be present, see parental consent for additional document requirements. 

    Adult Passport Book (10-year validity)​        $ 1​10

    ​Adult Passport Card (10-year validity)          $ 30

    Minor Passport Book​ (5-year validity)          ​ $ 80​

    ​Minor Passport Card (5-year validity)           ​$ 15​​

    Processing fee per passport                         $ 25

    Photo (taken in our office)                              $ 10

    Routine service - allow maximum of 8 weeks for processing
    Expedite service - an extra $60 fee and allow maximum of 3 weeks for processing
    Grand Rapids Clerk's Office evening appointments for 2018

    For 24/7 automated passport information or to make an appointment at a passport agency, please contact the National Passport Information Center

    OH NO! Your trip is less than 14 days away??

    Call 1-877-487-2778 for an appointment at a National Passport Center

     Need a Visa?​

    Picture Perfect Photos (youtube video) - make sure your passport doesn't get delayed because of a bad photo