Navigate Up
Sign In


    Planning a Special Event? 
    Thank you for considering Grand Rapids as a venue for your event!
    There are many steps contained within the Special Event Permit Application, we recommend that you begin your event planning process early. Applications are due no later than 90 days prior to your desired date, late fees will apply to those submitted less than 90 days out. A non-refundable, non-transferable application fee is due with the submittal of an Application.
      *If your event is on Private Property, you will need to complete a permit application through the City of Grand Rapids Development Center:
    • Step 1: Complete and return the Special Event Permit Application to the Office of Special Events
      • Apply for any additional permits (i.e. alcohol, food vendor, etc.) 
      • Begin process to obtain a Certificate of Insurance
    • Step 2: Once your application is reviewed by the Office of Special Events department, you will be invited to meet with the OSE Planning and Review Committee to finalize your event details.  Other steps may be required following the meeting.
    • Step 3: After you have received written approval from the OSE Supervisor, you may begin to advertise your event date and location. 
    • Step 4: You will be invoiced via e-mail. All payments are due in full 30 days prior to your event/wedding/filming. 
    OSE thumbnail.png

    For your convenience our applications are available in PDF format or an online version. If you have chosen to complete the pdf version, you may scan & e-mail your application to specialevents@grcity.usphysically drop off your application, or mail in your application to:
    The Office of Special Events
    201 Market Ave SW
    Grand Rapids, MI 49503 (2nd Floor)

    Please review the OSE Planning and Resource Guide prior to completing an application.
    Special Events:
    Still putting together details for your event? No problem, just submit a Special Event Reservation Form to pencil in your eventReady to apply for a permit for your event? Complete our application to get the process started: Special Event Permit Application
    Want to get married in a park? Great choice! You're in the right place to apply for a permit.
     Wedding Application
    Equipment Rentals
    Need to rent equipment? We’ve got you covered with stages, bleachers, PA systems, tents and more...FIll out our Equipment Rental Application to request your needs.
    Film & Photography
    Want to film your next project in a public space? Submit your Film & Photography Application and we'll guide you through the process.

    Note: Applications are due no later than 90 days prior to your desired date; late fees will apply. 
    A non-refundable, non-transferable application fee is due at the time of submittal.

    To request meter hoods for your event -
    Find your meters here: Meter Locations - Please complete the online application here.
    To rent the ice rink at Rosa Parks Circle -
    Please contact John Judnich, Parks and Recreation
    For a shelter, pavilion or gym rental -
    Please complete a reservation form here.